Our latest Wellness blog comes from our very own Puja Halvadia. It couldn't be more appropriately timed as many of us are getting ready for back to school, changing seasons, and even weddings. Puja gives us some great tips on how to look out for stress and subsequently how to manage it. Check it out! - Dave
The stress for a bride-to-be changes while she is planning one of the most important days of her life.
I, myself, am in wedding mode! So I'm dealing with vendors, down payments, venues, decorators, family, bridal party, budget, caterers, and much more are constantly on my mind on top of work and other commitments.
For my fellow brides-to-be out there, it is normal to experience some stress, but if you are feeling stressed on a daily basis it may start to put your health at risk. If anyone would like some more information go to www.healthline.com and type in signs of stress in the search box.
Here are some key things to pay attention to:
- Nausea, frequent stomach aches, constipation
- Chronic tightness in your muscles
- Susceptibility to common cold increases
Some of the things that I personally experienced were sleep deprivation, increase in anxiety, and chronic muscular tightness.
If you are starting to experience any of these symptoms, take a step back and try and manage your stress by:
- Identifying the triggers to your stress and learn how to cope with them
- Sweat it out by exercising and that can help increase your mood
- Learn to be imperfect and embrace your flaws
- Schedule “me” time, whether it is getting a 30 minute massage, going for a walk, or doing some gentle breathing
- Write things down, to help slow down all the things that are racing around in your head.
I ended up getting a clinical massage to help reduce the tightness in my muscle, and writing down and organizing all my thoughts by dividing them up into wedding, work, and miscellaneous categories.
I hope some of these tips help, and enjoy the planning, laugh, and soak it all in but at the same time being able to take a step back from it all and enjoying yourself, your loved ones and life.
DID I JUST ROCK YOUR WORLD? BLOW YOUR MIND? RUIN YOUR DAY? IF YOU HAVE SOME QUALMS WITH WHAT YOU READ OR LIKE WHAT YOU SAW PLEASE SHARE AND DROP A COMMENT BELOW